We will treat all personal information in accordance with any and all obligations that are binding upon us under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”). The Privacy Act lays down 13 key principles in relation to the collection and treatment of personal information, which are called the “Australian Privacy Principles”.
All purchases that are made through this site are processed securely and externally by MyShopify, PayPal, Shop Pay or Google Pay. Unless you expressly consent otherwise, we do not see or have access to any personal information that you may provide to MyShopify, PayPal, Shop Pay or Google Pay, other than information that is required in order to process your order and deliver your purchased items to you (eg, your name, email address and billing address).
Personal information held by Studio Leelou may include your:
• name and date of birth;
• residential and business postal addresses, telephone/mobile/fax numbers and email addresses;
• bank account and/or credit card details for agreed billing purposes;
• your computer and connection information; and
• any information that you otherwise share with us.
At this site, we only collect personal information that is necessary for us to conduct our business as a leading design and digital marketing solution provider creating branding and digital resources for photographers and videographers.
We may collect personal information that you provide to us about yourself when you:
• use this site, including (without limitation) when you:
- purchase any products and/or services through this site;
- register for access to premium content or request certain premium features; or
- complete an online contact form to contact us;
• provide information to us by telephone or through marketing or competition application forms; or
• send us an email or other communication.
This site may also collect Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. Studio Leelou collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes. Studio Leelou may also collect and use web log, computer and connection information for security purposes and to help prevent and detect any misuse of, or fraudulent activities involving, this site.
This site uses "cookies" to help personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file or a packet of information that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server to identify and interact more effectively with your computer. There are two types of cookies that may be used at this site: a persistent cookie and a session cookie. A persistent cookie is entered by your web browser into the "Cookies" folder on your computer and remains in that folder after you close your browser, and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to this site. A session cookie is held temporarily in your computer’s memory and disappears after you close your browser or shut down your computer. Cookies cannot be used to run programs. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. By Leelou extends the same privacy protection to your personal information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources.
You can configure your internet browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is sent. Please refer to your internet browser’s instructions to learn more about these functions. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of this site.
• remember your preferences for using this site;
• facilitate e-commerce transactions, to ensure that your order is remembered between pages during the checkout process;
• show relevant notifications to you (eg, notifications that are relevant only to users who have, or have not, subscribed to newsletters or email or other subscription services); and
• remember details of data that you choose to submit to us (eg, through online contact forms).
Many of these cookies are removed or cleared when you log out, but some may remain so that your preferences are remembered for future sessions.
In some cases, third parties may place cookies through this site. For example:
Your personal information may be used in order to:
• verify your identity;
• assist you to place orders through this site;
• process any purchases of products and/or services that you may make through this site, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
• respond to any queries or feedback that you may have;
• conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
• prevent and detect any misuse of, or fraudulent activities involving, this site;
• conduct research and development in respect of our products and/or services;
• gain an understanding of your information and communication needs or obtain your feedback or views about our products and/or services in order for us to improve them; and/or
• maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems,
and for any other purpose reasonably considered necessary or desirable by us in relation to the operation of our business.
From time to time, we may email our customers with news, information and offers relating to our own products/services or those of selected partners. Your personal information may also be collected so that we can promote and market products and services to you. This is to keep you informed of products, services, and special offers we believe you will find valuable and may continue after you cease acquiring products and services from us. If you would prefer not to receive promotional or other material from us, please let us know and we will respect your request. You can unsubscribe from such communications at any time if you choose.
In order to deliver the products/services you require or for the purposes set out above, we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside Studio Leelou. Your personal information may be disclosed to these organisations only in relation to this site, and we take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information. These organisations may carry out or provide:
• customer enquiries;
• mailing systems;
• billing and debt-recovery functions;
• information technology services;
• marketing, telemarketing and sales services;
• market research; and
• website usage analysis.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
• your authorised representatives or legal advisers (when requested by you to do so);
• credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
• credit providers (for credit-related purposes such as creditworthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
• our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
• government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
• organisations who manage our business strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing our business risk and funding functions; and
• the police or other appropriate persons where your communication suggests possible illegal activity or harm to others.
If you would like more information about the way we manage personal information that we hold about you, or are concerned that we may have breached your privacy, please contact us by email or by post.
In most cases, you may have access to personal information that we hold about you. We will handle requests for access to your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles. All requests for access to your personal information must be directed to the Privacy Officer by email or by writing to us at our postal address. We will deal with all requests for access to personal information as quickly as possible. Requests for a large amount of information, or information that is not currently in use, may require further time before a response can be given. We may charge you a fee for access if a cost is incurred by us in order to retrieve your information, but in no case will we charge you a fee for your application for access.
In some cases, we may refuse to give you access to personal information that we hold about you. This may include circumstances where giving you access would:
• be unlawful (eg, where a record that contains personal information about you is subject to a claim for legal professional privilege by one of our contractual counterparties);
• have an unreasonable impact on another person’s privacy; or
• prejudice an investigation of unlawful activity.
We may also refuse access where the personal information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings.
If we refuse to give you access, we will provide you with reasons for our refusal.
We will amend any personal information about you that is held by us and that is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date if you request us to do so. If we disagree with your view about the accuracy, completeness or currency of a record of your personal information that is held by us, and you ask us to associate with that record a statement that you have a contrary view, we will take reasonable steps to do so.
We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of the information that you provide us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from unauthorised use or alteration. In our business, personal information may be stored both electronically (on our computer systems and with our website hosting provider) and in hard-copy form. Firewalls, anti-virus software and email filters, as well as passwords, protect all of our electronic information. Likewise, we take all reasonable measures to ensure the security of hard-copy information.
In particular, when you submit an order to us, you may be automatically redirected to MyShopify, PayPal, Shop Pay or Google Pay in order to complete the required payment. The payment page that is provided by MyShopify, PayPal, Shop Pay or Google Pay is not part of this site. As noted above, we are not privy to any of the bank account, credit card or other personal information that you may provide to MyShopify, PayPal, Shop Pay or Google Pay, other than information that is required in order to process your order and deliver your purchased items to you (eg, your name, email address and billing address). We recommend that you refer to MyShopify, PayPal, Shop Pay or Google Pay’s privacy statement if you would like more information about how MyShopify, PayPal, Shop Pay or Google Pay collects and handles your personal information.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ads Settings page (https://www.google.com/settings/ads). Facebook has enabled an AdChoices link that enables you to opt out of targeted advertising
* * * *
If you require any further information about the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles, you can visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website (see www.privacy.gov.au).